PART TIME COURSES
The Education permanente school offers English as a second language, blended courses, half in class and half online.
The curriculum of our English as a Second Language courses is based on Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). For more information about CLB please visit http://www.language.ca
BLENDED COURSES: Allows the integration of classroom and online activities. Our blended courses replace 50% of classroom time with online activities through the TellMeMore Education (Rosetta Stone Advantage) web based program. These courses allow for more active learning and flexible scheduling, while maintaining the face-to-face contact characteristic of the classroom.
- Tuesday Levels 2 and 5 ( 6 pm to 9 pm)
- Tuesday Levels 3 and 4 ( 6 pm to 9 pm)
- Tuesday Levels 1 and 6 ( 6 pm to 9 pm)
DURATION: 12 weeks, 36 hours in class and 36 hours online.
In order to get their certificate for each level , students cannot miss more than two classes and are required to complete their online hours.
- Non subsidized students: course refundable if student cancels before the 3rd class (an administration fee of $25 applies)
- For subsidized students; licence cost is not refundable and not transferable to another course after the second week of the course.
For newcomers and immigrants who did not register to a non credit French as a second language within one year, a language assessment is mandatory. Please visit www.ymcaywca.ca for more details or call 613.238-5462.