Much more than a mere language school

FAQs – English

Online courses - FAQ

I’m not able to upload my documents

First, make sure that your document is in PDF or JPEG format and that it is no more than 10MB.

You can upload files from your computer or from your personal Google Drive space.
From your computer: Click on “Select files from computer”, choose the desired document and click on “Open” or “Import”
From your personal Google Drive space: Click on “My disk” choose the desired document and click on “Select”

If your storage space is full in your personal Google Drive space, this may be the cause of the problem.

I am blocked from the start of the form.

If this notice appears :
Vous ne pouvez pas répondre au formulaire. L’importation de fichiers n’est pas autorisée lorsque la fonction de protection contre la perte de données est activée pour votre domaine. Si vous pensez qu’il s’agit d’une erreur, contactez l’administrateur de votre domaine.”

As the error says, this is from the domain used by the person who tried to register. This happens when you use a work or school email address (such as @cepeo.on.ca) which is protected by the institution’s IT.

You must log out of your account and then try with a personal email address (for example @ gmail.com).

You can also try from another computer.

I haven’t found the answer to my question!

Send us your question by email to accueilsfs@ecolecatholique.ca

Who sends me my transcript?

Transcripts are taken once a week.

For CECCE students, the transcript will be sent to you by your school.
For students outside the CECCE school board, it will be emailed to you and a copy will be sent to your guidance counselor.

Who can I contact if I have a technical problem on the EAV platform to access my course?

First, here are the points to check:

– I enter my identifiers without copying and pasting.
– Whenever possible, I use the Chrome browser.
– I’m checking that my ad blocker is not activated.
– I’m trying to connect with another computer.

If, despite this, you still encounter difficulties, please send an email to accueilep@ecolecatholique.ca

Who can I contact if I have questions about my course?

Once registered, for any questions regarding your course you must contact your teacher.

You will find his email address in the first email sent to you with your access codes.

What should I do if I am having difficulty with my online registration?

1. Check that the answer to your question is not in this FAQ.
2. Contact us by email: accueilsfs@ecolecatholique.ca

I want to abandon my course, how do I report it?

Send us an email to accueilsfs@ecolecatholique.ca to notify us of your choice to withdraw from your course. We will do what is necessary to update our records.

Where can I find the summary of my registration?

A copy of your registration request will be sent to you automatically by email.

Can I make changes to my request?

Once your registration request has been sent, you can no longer modify it.

However, you can inform us of your wishes for modification and send us an email to accueilsfs@ecolecatholique.ca, so that we can study the possibility of making the requested changes or not.

I paid my registration twice, what should I do?

Contact us by email: accueilsfs@ecolecatholique.ca

When and how do I pay for my registration?

Once your request is complete, you will receive the payment link by email, just click on the link and proceed to payment.
After payment, you will receive a confirmation email from Moneris and then a second email from CECCE.

The form does not accept my email address in the first step, what should I do?

If you are using an email address from your own school board, there may be a conflict between the address and the CECCE form. You can try with a personal email address. It will not impact your registration. We will use the requested email later in the registration form.

When will I receive my access to the online course?

When your registration request is complete (NO documents missing), we can proceed with your registration, and you will receive your course access codes online, by email, within a maximum period of 7 days.

What proof of residency can I upload?

It is preferable to give preference to proof of residence in the name of the student such as:
– Phone bill

For students who are under the age of majority, proof of residence in the name of the parent that has been entered in the registration form can be accepted, such as the most recent :
– Utility bill
– Property tax bill
– Residential telephone bill
– A recent sales agreement (property)
– The rental lease

Please note that the Ontario driver’s license is no longer acceptable proof of student residency.

Which documents will I need to register?

For high school students:

Please prepare these documents before registering :
– An identity document (only for students EXCLUDING CECCE *)
– Proof of residence (only for students EXCLUDING CECCE *)
– Guidance counselor authorization in PDF or PNG format
– Letter from Pathways program management, if applicable

For adult students or without a guidance counselor:

Please prepare these documents before registering:
– An ID
– Proof of residence
– Your last school transcript
These documents will need to be uploaded and sent to us so that we can verify your identity and place of residence.

All uploaded documents will be deleted after the registration period.

Where can I find my OEN (Ontario School Registration Number)?

– You can ask your counsellor.

– It can be found on your Ontario transcripts or report cards.

– If you have never studied in Ontario, you may not have an OEN and, in that case, one must be created  for you.

What is the Ontario School Registration Number (OEN)?

The OEN is an identification number that the Ministry of Education assigns to elementary and secondary students across the province.

Every Ontario student is assigned a unique number.

This number is the primary identifier in a student’s academic records, and this number will follow the student through his or her elementary and secondary education

The OEN is a nine digit number (eight digits plus a check digit) that is randomly assigned, and tied to stable information about the student (name, gender and date of birth of the student).

I don’t have a guidance counselor, what should I do?

In this case, you must complete an adult form.

By filling out your form, in the “Guidance counsellor” section, you can ask to be contacted by one of our counselors, who can guide you in the course to choose.

What is the guidance person’s authorization?

This document is requested only of students who complete the form for Secondary School Students.

It’s a document in which your counselor states that you have his authorization to take the desired course.

Example of authorization :

This document must be uploaded to the form in PDF or PNG format.

Which form should I fill out?

Fill out the form for High School Students if:

– You are under 18 and enrolled in a secondary school
– You are over 18 years old and enrolled in a secondary school

Complete the form for Adults if:

– You are over 18 and not enrolled in a secondary school
– You are under 18 and not enrolled in a secondary school

How do I register for the online course?

For each of your registrations, you must fill out our online form.

When can I register?

Our registrations open at the beginning of September and close at the end of June (see our “online courses” page for the exact dates).

I did not complete my course last year, can I re-register?

Yes, all you have to do is complete an online registration form, and check the box: “A re-registration for a course already taken in our school (Éducation permanente), but not completed ” in the “Type of registration” section.

You will then be able to resume the course where you left off, and we will try, if possible, to assign you to the same teacher.

This is only possible for a course started the previous year.

Can I register for more than one course at the same time?

You can only take one course at a time. Once your first class is complete, you will need to fill out another registration form to register for the next class.

What are the expectations when I register for an online course?

– Perform at least one lesson per week
– Respond promptly to teacher’s emails (maximum 3 days)
– Perform all formative and summative evaluations
– Meet the teacher during the first two weeks of the start of the course (this meeting can be done via Skype, Google Meet or by phone)
– Continuous and regular communication must be maintained with your teacher for the duration of the course

The administration reserves the right to ask a student to withdraw from a program at any time if their attendance or pace of production is not satisfactory.

How much time do I have to complete my online course or when do I have to complete my online course ?

A course is 110 hours in length and each student advances at his own pace.
Classes must be completed by the end of July at the latest (see our “online courses” page for exact dates).

What are online courses ?

These are 110-hour credited courses, outside the school schedule, that help lead to an Ontario secondary school diploma or meet the requirements for a university or college program.